Jonah's Pictures

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Home from the Hospital

The whole family is home now; Kelly was discharged from the hospital this morning with orders to lay low and, fortunately, a prescription for sleeping pills.

We now have a better sense of the plan going forward. The decision not to deliver now is quite simply because it will make the little time he has with us easier and it will be a "term" birth. So Kelly will have weekly ultrasounds with the preliminary intent to deliver between 34 - 36 weeks. The actual date will depend on his progression and the determination of when he gets to a point in development that has maximized his ability to be comforted and loved for as long as possible. This is week 31, so we are three to five weeks away.

The doctors told us this morning that, considering the level of hypoplasia, he will be with us for about a couple hours. The ultrasounds will help determine what to expect, but that is the most likely scenario.

Believe it or not, this plan has given us some peace. The last 11 weeks have been an up and down experience I will neither forget nor wish on anyone. At least now we can plan on how to plan for, and enjoy the little time we will have with Jonah. If nothing else, he will know nothing but love.

I will update the blog if anything comes up between now and then, and I will post when we now the delivery date if I can.

Peace and Love,

John & Kelly

8 comments:

  1. It seems so hard to say anything other than you are in both our thoughts and prayers--as is Jonah. May the peace of God, which passes all understanding, be in your hearts and minds forever.
    -melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart and thoughts are with you all. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. Take care and I'll talk with you soon.

    Love, Lori S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please know that you are all in our hearts. Your strength through all of this has been amazing. Thinking of you and wishing you peace,

    Diana, Shannon, and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for what you are and will go through. My heart is breaking for your family. I am here for anything you need.

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kelly and John,

    I wanted to thank you for posting the blog. I appreciate that writing the blogs has probably been difficult on top of all of the other difficulties. And I imagine sharing such a painful, personal experience so openly just adds to it. I have appreciated being able to follow the circumstances without being intrusive.

    Evan and Jonah have wonderful parents.

    Peace and Love, Rachel
    rcollins@roanoke.edu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly and John,
    I have not checked your blog lately, and I am saddened to see the change in your little Jonah's condition. My heart goes out to you!
    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am Mia's aunt and want you to know that I have already prayed for you both and little Jonah and will continue to do so. May the peace you are experiencing now stay with you and continue to be with you as you walk through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly & Jon...I am so sorry to hear about the baby! You are in my prayers and thoughts! Be strong and know that we are all thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete